[Sca-cooks] A Note on Steamed Puddings

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 13:23:54 PDT 2005

You put it in a metal mold?  How interesting.  I should get one.

All this time I have used a pottery or glass mixing bowl and covered the top with tin foil (with a big pleat in it for expansion purposes). And then used cotton string to hold the foil in place. The bowl has to have a lip on it for the string to stay in place, of course.

Cordelia Toser

I always think of a steamed pudding as being completely enclosed in a metal mold, which is placed in a pan of boiling water and then covered. But now I think on it, I'm really not sure. More research!