[Sca-cooks] Earth Apples?

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Jun 7 12:44:00 PDT 2005

At 200% the stems look round. The stem that is pointing toward the viewer
has lighting that at 100% gives it a little edge to look like a squared
stem. I have seen mediteranian melons look this lumpy and bumpy.

You said that:
"Based on a discussion with Thomas Gloning, Rumpolt's Erdapfel translates
into Latin as melopepone, which is indicative of a round, ribbed cucurbit."

And so I gave what I found on melopepon. Though "melopepon" is given as
Greek.

Lyse