[Sca-cooks] another question... marinated beets

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 11 14:22:41 PDT 2005

Jadwiga wrote:
>Using Rumpolt's marinated beets recipe, should it be ok to do these a
>week ahead of time? (Recipe below)
>
>     3. Rote Ruben eyngemacht mit klein geschnittenen Merrettich/ Aniss/
>Coriander/ und ein wenig Kuemel/ sonderlich wenn die Ruben geschnitten/
>gesotten mit halb Wein und halb Essig
>
>         Pickled Beets - 3. Red beets preserved with small cut
>horseradish/ anise/ coriander/ and a little caraway/ especially if the
>beets are cut/ marinated in half wine and half vinegar.

I'd think so, as long as they are kept covered and cold. I made them
about 3 or 4 days before the feast at which i served them. Since the
horseradish mellows over time, you might want to add some more on the
day of serving, depending how zingy you like them.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita