[Sca-cooks] Cheese portions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 12 13:35:56 PDT 2005

  Eibhlin suggested:
> > Thank You, Master Adamantuis!!!  What a wonderful
> > article.  Do you have any
> > suggestions, other than "DON'T!" for making a large
> > amount of slipcote (say enough for 200+ servings)?
> >
> > Mairi Ceilidh
>
> Cut small?!?!  :)  People will only eat about 2-3
> ounces of cheese in a sitting, and depending on what
> you serve with it they may even eat less.

Oh? Then I must be unusual (don't answer that!) since I could easily,
and will, eat much more than that at one sitting. I love almost all
types of cheese. Besides, it's low carb.

> If you
> plate it to serve you'll be able to get away with less
> as well, as you can control exactly how much each
> person will be getting.

That works. I'm sure there are one or two folks at my table who
wouldn't eat their cheese, for whatever reason. Besides, "How would you
like this big portion of yummy asparagus and turnips for your small
portion of cheese?"

Also, if you provide some bread or crackers with the cheese, many
people are going to spread the cheese on the bread or slice it and do
the same, which will make it go further.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com