[Sca-cooks] A mustard question

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 20:22:46 PDT 2005

Greetings,

I just presented a goodly sized display of mustards at an A&S
competition and chose to go with unsalted pretzles for tasting
purposes.

I also provided baby carrots for palate cleansing. While I was
inflicting my recipie development upon my husband we discovered that
carrots help clear the palate between mustards better than most
anything else. And I made it so I did not have to worry about having
water and enough glasses and keeping the water filled ......

Another mustard entry at this same event presented the mustard to be
tasted on smoked trout that was placed with the display - very
appropriate since the mustard was the one from the Welserin text to go
with cod.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva