[Sca-cooks] Need help with a translation [Slightly OT]

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 13 21:13:53 PDT 2005

  John Kemker replied to me with:
> Hmmm.....
>
> Your references point me back to Master Wulfric, for the most part.

Oh! Okay, I guess I didn't remember that. I thought I remembered a lot
of the info coming from Bear.

> They also show lettering on the stamps.

Hmmm. Okay. Obviously I haven't spent any time at Wulfric's site. Are
the letters actually readable after the bread is baked? I would have
thought the bread would have risen enough that even if the letters were
still visible, they probably wouldn't be readable. Time to go back and
read my own files. :-)

> More research is called for.

If you find more info, I'd appreciate a message I could add to the
bread-stamps-msg file. This is a subject that is probably unknown to
many SCA folks. And any first hand information on the experience of
making and using such stamps would also be nice.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com