[Sca-cooks] Introductions.. And Meat Pies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 20:15:11 PDT 2005

   Vladimir Armbruster commented in a pair of messages:
> *raises an eyebrow*
> Canning.
> Compost.
>
> Doc, I'm a little afraid.  What is compost?

I'm not Doc, but compost is basically a pickled mix of vegetables and
fruits. It looks like it might have been a progressive thing, where you
started with the harvests first crop, pickled it, and then continued to
add some of each successive item and more pickling juice as the harvest
season progressed.
In the FOOD section of the Florilegium: