[Sca-cooks] What recipe finder websites do you like?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jun 16 08:44:14 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> > I don't use recipes much, unless I'm working from a specific text.  But
my
> > students at work are asking this question quite often.  I had been
> > recommending recipe dot com, but I just went there and couldn't get past
the
> > index to find an actual recipe, no search bar, nothing.  I've been asked
> > about epicurious dot com, but I've only visited it once or twice.  I am
of
> > the opinion that foodtv's site is great if you are looking for something
> > they did on a show, but not for a general index of recipes.
> > So, here's the question.
> > If you were a not-so-inspired cook or just really new to trying
different
> > things, where would you go on the web to find a good site for recipes?
> > Discuss~
> > Christianna

I've been using About.com. They have a number of specialty food sub sites,
including ethnic Chinese, Mexican, Italian, etc cuisines, and a whole lot of
other interesting and useful information. Recipes I've tried that I've
gotten there have all been pretty good, and you can also sign up for
newsletters, or join discussion groups and ask questions. Very good site for
mundane interests.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.