[Sca-cooks] Question & Artemisian Iron Chef

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 16 19:25:38 PDT 2005

>You might also look at "A Soup for the Khan", which is mostly Mongol
>recipes, but some have Persian influences.  It's frightfully expensive,
>but you may be able to find it in a larger library...or get it on
>inter-Library loan.
>
>Kiri

There's definitely "Middle Eastern" influence on some of the recipes,
and quite a few that are rather purely Central Asian. I haven't
studied it carefully to look for Persian influence, though.

It's such a shame what the publisher did. I did manage to photocopy
one. However, I'd much rather own a real copy. But by the time i knew
i wanted to buy one, it was out of print and going for well over $200
US (and i'm willing to spend a lot on a book, but that was a bit
much).
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita