[Sca-cooks] Sweet or Savoury breakfast?

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Fri Jun 17 13:54:53 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Gedney" <gedney1 at iconn.net>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Sweet or Savoury breakfast?

> >What is your preference?
>
> when I have the time, and I am cooking for myself, I tend toward savory -
> eggs, fried coldcuts, toast, carmelized onion and cheese omlettes, stuff
> like that...
>
> When I am cooking for others, it can be sweet or savory depending on the
> preferences of who is eating with me, sometimes its Eggs, or omplets, or
> even eggs with hamsteaks and redeye gravy, often it's cardamom french
> toast w/ maple syrup (the real stuff thank you, not that log cabin/mrs
> Butterworth's crap), but I still add lots of good smoky bacon.
>
> When I dont have time, it's usually a bowl of whatever dry cereal, though
> I _prefer_ weetabix (alas the wife hates it and tends not to buy it).

My husband laughs at me because I LOVE the less sweet cereals--wheat or bran
Chex, grape nuts..anything nutty and crunchy. I like others too (I am much
more carbivore than carnivore) but my favorites tend to be much less sweet.
Breakfast is almost always cereal (on an oatmeal kick right now), unless I
get an urge to have breakfast for dinner. Then, it's pancakes or French
toast (with jam, honey, or powdered sugar rather than syrup) with lots of
spicy sausage, toast, eggs, and maybe some hash brown potatoes. And make
that wheat toast, please!

Laurensa