[Sca-cooks] Sweet or Savoury breakfast?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 22:58:43 PDT 2005

I wish I had known about the stone fruits and tangy berries.  The next time you come to visit
I will remember this ...    Our apricot trees just produced the best crop ever.  And our little
ultra-dwarf peach produced a dozen normal sized sweet, luscious peaches.  Our neighbors white
peach tree which is hanging more and more over the fence is overloaded with succulent white
peaches, so sweet and juicy and ripe off the tree ... so much better tasting than anything
the grocery store ever provides.

I adore pancakes and waffles.  But in my family pancakes and waffles aren't usually for
breakfast, they usually are for lunch or supper.  Good flavorful pancakes, not like the
cardboard you get at Denny's.  I like eating them hot off the griddle with just butter on
them.  Or if I have just have to have something on them, I put my home-made, low sugar apricot
or peach preserves on them.  So much better than any syrup.   Hmmm.... I think that I will
make pancakes for lunch tomorrow!

Huette