[Sca-cooks] Re: Rose vinegar

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 18 00:09:24 PDT 2005

  Berelinde mentioned:
> I've got some extremely fragrant 100% orgainc, unsprayed roses I'd be
> willing to donate to the cause. Too bad you missed the big bloom 2
> weeks
> ago. For the rest of the summer it will be a few roses at a time. I'll
> start
> clipping them, if you like, because I don't know how long I'm going to
> be able to hold the black spot at bay before I have to spray.

If you have a surplus of roses, perhaps you might want to consider
making a rosary from them. Or some other things, although rose oil
takes *a lot* of roses and sounds like a lot of work.
rosaries-msg      (60K)  1/26/03    Period rosaries and their use.
Making rose
                                        beads.
rose-syrup-msg    (10K)  6/24/99    Making rose syrup. It's uses.
Sources.
rose-water-msg    (34K) 11/27/00    Where to buy. How to make.
Rose-water uses.

Perhaps this article might also be of interest:
roses-art         (36K)  5/15/97    "Sacred Iron Posies" by Daniel del
Cavallo.
                                        (medieval roses).

Stefan
--------