[Sca-cooks] Death to Tree Rats! Was Fruit Trees

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 21:45:29 PDT 2005

Daniel commented:
> There was an SCA merchant who used to make pellet
> firing crossbows.

Yes, I believe you are talking about Master Iolo Fitz Owen.
http://www.crossbows.net/

Iolos-book-rev    (14K)  1/10/97    Reviews of "Iolo's First Book of
Crossbows".
(I can't remember if his book covers these stone bows or not and my
copy isn't handy right now)

Iolo no longer makes these stone bows, after I believe almost putting
his own eye out with one when the pellet shattered or mis-fired.
However knowing Iolo, I'm pretty certain that his pellet firing
crossbows were based on a medieval example.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com