[Sca-cooks] fruit trees

Micyalah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Jun 20 08:57:12 PDT 2005

> the bird seed, using baffles and, where possible, using
> squirrel-proof
> bird feeders.  The latest batch of feeders works pretty well, but not
> for woodpeckers.  The baffle worked for about two hours before the
> little buggers figured out how to get around it.  I guess we
> could shoot
> them...folks do hunt in the woods around here...but I'm told that
> there's a "season" for squirrels and a pretty large fine if
> you violate
> it.  So...dunno what to do!

Hang your bird feeders off of a clothes line. For whatever reason the
squirrels don't walk on it (I suspect its too loose compared to electrical
wires) and therefore don't have an issue with the buggers eating my bird
food. I just wish the crows would stop bringing carrion to the bird bath to
soak. YUCK!

Micaylah