[Sca-cooks] A recipe for squirrel season

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 20 11:42:46 PDT 2005

Ok, I'll bite, what does squirrel taste like?  (Please don't anybody say
'chicken')
I'm imagining something like rabbit, and trying not to imagine the more
rat-like features I usually associate with them.
Christianna

Unlike 'possum, squirrel is one of my favorite game meats.  Young, tender
ones are best dredged in flour, salt, and pepper and deep fried.  Served for
breakfast with grits and gravy.  As Alton would say, "Mmmm, Good Eats."
The older ones can get a bit stringy, and gamey tasting, though.  My
solution for that was squirrel pot pie.

<snip Mordonna's yummy-sounding recipe >