[Sca-cooks] A recipe for squirrel season

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 11:46:40 PDT 2005

Hmm, how does one describe a taste?  About like describing a rainbow, I'd think.
First of all, it does depend upon what they have been eating.  Since I had a pecan orchard outside my bedroom when I was married, most of ours were nut fed.  I'd expect fruit fed ones to have slightly different nuances.  It does taste a bit like free range chicken, and rabbit, with the gaminess of wild deer thrown in.  It isn't as gamey as wild boar, but stronger than (most) wild rabbit.  Less fat than rabbit, more than deer.

kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:
Ok, I'll bite, what does squirrel taste like? (Please don't anybody say
'chicken')

Pat Griffin
Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
Shire of Thorngill, Meridies
Mundanely, Millbrook, AL
Vert, between four cauldrons or, a cross checky argent and sable