[Sca-cooks] Re: meat pies

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 10:53:10 PDT 2005

Small metal rack, that allows air to circulate under pie plate, or baking dish.  Turns it into more of an oven than a pan.

Dear lady, what is a trivet?

> I've also had great sucess with dutch ovens. If you put a trivet in the
bottom you can then bake anything you would at home. I've baked cinnamon
rolls, cheesecake, fruit pies, blind baked pastry, meat pies etc. etc. etc.
The camp usually views it as a good sign if I dig out the two cast iron
dutch ovens at war.