[Sca-cooks] "Trial By Fire" Ad (cooking competition!)

Truman Barnes chirhart_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 19:44:02 PDT 2005

Im really sorry that olwen put the silly damed thing on this list .It was not ment to be the butt of jokes ,pokes or anyones deep seated hatreds Of some one elses fun. Im angry as of now and am asking people to drop this thred.please. Chirhart- no longer amused

otsisto <otsisto at socket.net> wrote:Okay, somewhere there is a vague (really vague)reference to the starting
period as being "the fall of the Roman Empire" and the ending time at pre
17th century which means ending date Dec. 31, 1600. Therefore, it looks as
if they are catering, not to the SCA period but to some other timeline. They
grandfathered Apicius, which means they feel they are making a consetion by
allowing it.
Their contest, their rules. I'm sure you can approach them (calmly)and ask
for reasons why (timeline, why not Anthimus, etc).

Lyse
Who doesn't feel like pulling out the timeline info.