[Sca-cooks] Verjuice grape question?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 23 04:57:00 PDT 2005

In that they had white and red wine in period, I would say white and red
grapes were available and probably the green ones, which IIRC are classed
with the whites.  For that matter, the different colors show up in
Renaissance paintings.  Taste doesn't travel well through time, so there is
no way to definitely compare tastes.

The Concord grapes have a sharper, harsher taste than their European
counterparts.

Bear