[Sca-cooks] Books

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 08:28:24 PDT 2005

Brandon Withey wrote:

> Alright...
>
> I've been lookin', and tumblin', and just general searching.  And I
> have to ask, how do you all FIND these books?  Or any mention of their
> existance?  The translated Book of Good Food I was kindly supplied the
> link to.  But the rest of these sound like the Historical Chefs Holy
> Grail, frequently mentioned but rarely seen.
>
> So I don't have to keep mooching off of all your hard work, perhaps a
> few tips on how to find out about these texts existing and how to find
> others of their type?

Depends on whether you want to purchase a copy for yourself...or find
them online.  One of the best places to purchase period cookery books is
Poison Pen Press...Lady Devra has 'most anything you could want.  And if
she doesn't have it, she'll look into ordering a copy for you.  I know
she has "Take a Thousand Eggs or more..."

Online sources are usually cited by folks on this list when they
reference one...one of the most frequently cited resources is Stefan's
Florilegium.  Another is www.godecookery.com, which has links to a
number of great resources.  These are probably some of the best sources
around for online information.  The "florythingy" as Master A refers to
it, has all kinds of articles, messages, etc., that contain links to
other sites as well.

Hope this helps!

Kiri