[Sca-cooks] Skin creams

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 28 13:18:21 PDT 2005

I think Jadwiga replied to a message with:
>> I have seen a few recipes for creams such as
>> Olive oil and beeswax with clover, orange peel oil, lavender, or rose
>> oil
>> which seemed designed mostly for enriching dry skin and providing a
>> nice
>> scent.
>>
>> I've enjoyed the various discussions on the bruise healing creams aka
>> fighter creams.
>
> Um, have you checked the files of the SCA-Herbalist yahoogroup?
>
> p.s. The classic cold cream has at least 2000 years of backers...)

Hmmm. Perhaps I missed the original message.

The Florilegium has the following files on this subject, in the
PERSONAL CARE section:
Handcream-art     (16K)  6/ 5/00    "Handcream" by Constance de LaRose.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/Handcream-art.html
handcream-msg      (9K)  2/10/97    Medieval lotions and handcreams.
recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/handcream-msg.html

Stefan
--------