[Sca-cooks] RE: Sugar free sports drink alternative

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 04:46:23 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/29/2005 10:38:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
otsisto at socket.net writes:

<<Have you tasted halved Gatorade? It's nasty.>>

That's a matter of opinion.  I prefer halved Gatorade on almost every
flavor, and think the full strength stuff is severely nasty.  My husband  likes it
full strength.  Phlip's been a chirurgeon for a long time, and the  chirurgeons
on the field drink the same Gatorade they mix for the fighters, so  she
certainly has drunk halved gatorade.

<<I have understood that you do not have to halve the Gatorade.  Only reason
is
if you are trying to save money.>>

At the rate some fighters guzzle liquid on the field, if they drink only
Gatorade they can easily overload on the electrolytes, especially the  sodium.
And the sugar.  We drink a LOT more of it than the average  person playing a
couple of tennis matches or something.  And there's no way  the chirurgeons and
waterbearers can ensure that people are drinking mostly  water and only some
Gatorade.

Brangwayna Morgan
Master Chirurgeon, retired