[Sca-cooks] Welser family

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 30 13:34:21 PDT 2005

Huette replied to me with:
> --- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> > I think someone made some comments about the Welser family in the
> > thread about the 15th Century German food manuscripts.
>
> That would be odd as the Welsers who wrote cookbooks did so in the 16th
> Century.

Well, I said the thread was about 15th Century German food manuscripts.
I didn't say it was only on 15th century manuscripts. Here is a copy of
the message that I remembered, with some areas clipped out to save
space.

Anyway, I hope the bibliography will help the person looking for info
on the Welser family. :-)

Stefan

> Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] The Welsers
> To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
>
> --- Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:

>>> Giano!
>>>
>>> Where are the English translations located or published for Meister
>>> Eberhard, the Konigsberg MS and the Inntalkochbuch?  I have never
>>> heard or
>>> seen them published or available on-line in English.
>>>
>>> Huette, who is working on Philippine Welser's Kochbuch.

<snip>

>> Philippine Welser, eh? Nothing like sibling rivalry :)
>
> I thought they were cousins.  Philippine was the more flamboyant.  She
> secretly married Archduke
> Ferdinand, second son of Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand I.  I can find a
> lot of information about
> her in English, but nothing about Sabina's life, in English.  I have
> recently received my copy of
> "Die Welser", which has a chapter on Sabina and Philippine in it.  In
> my Copious Spare Time, I am
> going to have to translate it into English, just to find out anything
> about Sabina.
>
> Huette
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas