[Sca-cooks] Re: Sugar free sports drink alternative

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 16:53:38 PDT 2005

My first comment to this entire thread is "Blecccchhhhhhh."

I am a diabetic.  I detest Gatorade.  I loathe artificial sweeteners.  There is no artificial sweetener that can take the place of sugar as a necessary electolyte.  If I am dehydrated enough to need gatorade, then I need the sugar (diabetic or not.)  I prefer senkajabin, though, if I get to that point.
For me, as a waterbearer, and all of the other people on the field, water is far better for you in most instances.  If you need additional electrolytes, then suck on the oranges or pickles.  I only carry the gatorade because it has become "tradition" and the fighters expect it, and get balky about drinking plain water.  I push the water, fruit, and pickles, and only give the gatorade when they ask for it.

Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
Shire of Thorngill, Meridies
Mundanely, Pat Griffin of Millbrook, AL