[Sca-cooks] Opening files in the Florilegium

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 10 18:35:24 PST 2005

Ardenia asked:
> Stefan, (or anyone)
>
> Could you please explain to me how to open files on the florigelum? I
> tried to open some of those that you sent me, but they only bring me to
> the florigelum homepage.

Hmmm. Are you talking about opening files to which I posted links on
this list, to? Or actual files which I sent to you by email? I don't
remember the latter, but that is always a possibility if needed.

Any of the links I post to this list are direct links to the HTML
version of the actual Florilegium file. You should be able to click on
the link in your mail program which should open your Web browser window
with the file showing. If you open a file this way, you will get just
the file and none of the index window.

If clicking on the link doesn't automatically bring up your browser,
you should be able to copy and paste a link into the appropriate line
in your browser and bring up that file.

You can also type in, or pick from your bookmark list (doesn't everyone
bookmark the Florilegium? :-) Hey, if you do that, you don't have to
remember how its spelled.). Or http://www.florilegium.org . This should
bring up the top page of the site. Along the left-hand side of the
screen you should see a vertical window with a list of file areas.
Picking one of the topics in this list should then open the index page
for that topic area. Then you should be able to pick any of the files
listed.

The file will come up in HTML mode but if you would like a different
format such as text or RTF, there should be a pair of buttons at the
top of the file which should bring up those formats. Because of my disk
crash 20 months ago, some files don't have these buttons, but they will
as soon as I get the file updated to the newest format.

Does this answer your questions? Please feel free to email me, but I
will be out of touch after Sunday as I will be leaving for Gulf Wars
Sunday evening.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas