[Sca-cooks] A collaborative resource ...

Daniel Myers edouard at medievalcookery.com
Tue Mar 15 17:50:52 PST 2005

Greetings,

In a conversation last week with my very clever lady-wife, she
mentioned something to the effect that she sometimes finds a good
reference to something she's not currently researching, and that much
later when she does want to look deeper into the subject she can no
longer remember where the reference is.

I realized that I often have the same problem (in fact, sometimes it's
worse and I can only remember that there was some sort of thing that I
wanted to remember but I haven't the foggiest idea what it was).  Oddly
enough, I had also just been looking into Wiki software (programs that
create collaborative web sites) and thought that a wiki might be a good
tool for collecting miscellaneous references and putting them in some
kind of order.

So ... I've set one up and have put up on it what resources I had
readily on hand, and now I think it's ready to open up and let others
have a go at it.  Please take a look, make comments, add pointers to
the myriad references I've missed (e.g. there must be a bazillion
worthwhile books out there).

The site is called the Knowledge Commons, and is at
http://www.medievalcookery.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Thank you for your time - We now return you to your regularly scheduled
program of dance music.

- Doc