[Sca-cooks] OT: Urtatim, was Cinnamon question

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 18 18:54:23 PST 2005

Christianna wrote:
>P.S. Hey, Urtatim, this isn't the same name you posted on the Authenticity
>list a couple of days ago, is it?  What's up, you trying out a new name each
>day? :)

Lesse, i posted about a week ago and i signed it, "Urtatim". Maybe it
just looks different when you aren't used to it.

I've been using Anahita most of the time i've been in the SCA,
although i used my nom de subculture, Lilinah, on e-lists for the
first few months. However, Anahita cannot be registered and i'd like
to register my name and device.

A couple years ago a Maghribi name i liked was suggested to me,
Subaytila, and since i go to Herald's meetings for commenting on
LoIs, some folks began calling me that. Alas, when i did more
extensive research, it turned out to be the name of a city, not a
person, so it went away.

Then someone posted a list of 15th & 16th c. Persian women's names in
the Academy of Saint Gabriel. Looking it over, i was drawn to Nihani.
So i tried that out at our Heralds' meetings, but it just isn't "me".

In looking over, yet again, the list of Muslim names found in Spain
in SCA-period, also on the Saint Gabriel website, i noticed about 5
that were Berber/Amazight (which my persona's father is, at least in
part), and of them Urtatim appealed most to me.

So I've been signing most of my e-mail with it for the past, uh, week
or two, since it's registerable, Maghribi, and, dammit, people like
me, uh, i mean, people need to call me that and i need to get used to
people calling me that.

Now i just need to file the paperwork...

Urtatim, formerly Anahita
--
"The truth must be taken wherever it is to be found,
whether it be in the past or among strange peoples."