[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 22, Issue 71

SEBD at aol.com SEBD at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 06:14:41 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/27/05 8:52:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

So, what  kind of pie did you make? Was this something modern or
medieval? Come to  think of it, is there a kind of pie which is
traditional for spring? Or  perhaps this should be more specific than
that, and ask whether there is a  traditional pie for Easter?

Stefan

__________

The Italians make a traditional Easter pie, but it seems like every section
of Italy has its own recipe. Looks for Italian Easter pie on Google, and torta
 pasqualina, and pizza piena, which are all names for similar things. The
torta  is more breadlike that pielike. Some put in ham or salami or hot sausage
or  wheat, or rice, or whatever was handy and seemed like a good idea at the
time.

Buon pasquale,

Elianne of ynys Enlli
Who is making a pineapple bread pudding today.
Btw, try celery salt on the old-fashioned tuna sandwich, and
hold the green pepper. I wouldn't have thought so, but then somebody made  me
one, and. ...