[Sca-cooks] Re: Sugar and Persian Cookies

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 10:08:32 PST 2005

Briefly, no. Artificial sweeteners don't crystallize properly.

I'm interested in the idea of a lavender rock candy. Personally, I'd be

fooling around with lemon, mint, cherry, or ginger flavorings before I
ever got

around to lavender. This is the stuff people sucked on for sore throats
or dry
throats (from speech-making) before medicated cough drops came to grace
us
with  their presence. Slippery elm, anyone?

I'm working on ginger and rose also. I plan to try mint and violet once
I can pick them fresh from the garden.  I'm allergic to all forms of
citrus, thus lemon is off limits to me...I don't have the willpower to
resist tastin it!

-Ardenia

Greetings Ardenia,
    Try Nuhud al-'Adhra (Virgin's Breasts) version 2 from my article at
http://windchild.net/islamic_pastries.htm . It is one of my favorites.
Dinah
Sayyida Dinah bint Ismai'l

Thank you!