[Sca-cooks] Ancient rice pudding used as mortar for walls

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Mar 1 17:33:01 PST 2005

At 05:25 PM 3/1/2005, you wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/3wl6l
>
>Rice Pudding used as mortar in ancient Chinese fortifications (confirmed
>through scientific analysis) and maybe also in the Great Wall (oral
>history to be confirmed).

Gee, and I would have sworn that it was leftover macaroni and cheese from
the school cafeteria (we had extra awful M&C at my school- Dave Stuben
managed to throw some on the ceiling, and it stuck. The janitor had to set
up a scaffold to get up there to scrape it off...)

Sad for the rice pudding though- I would have cheerfully eaten it for them!

'Lainie