[Sca-cooks] Homecoming

Anne juliane.rose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:32:55 PST 2005

Thank you all for your kind sentiments ... it was a *wonderful*
homecoming!  Of course, there was a drum and brass band, mounted
horsemen accompanying the color guard since he's with 1st Cav, a
couple hundred balloons, and the air was charged with extreme
excitement -- but the most impressive moment was after the busses had
unloaded, and pulled away -- the unit was lined up in formation in the
street in their desert cammies!  You knew it was coming, but it was
*such* a magnificent sight, goosebumps were in abundance!  After the
obligatory speeches, the crowd broke up into a swirling rush of people
as everyone frantically searched for his or her soldier ... tears,
laughter, much love ... followed by (OFC) dinner at a lovely little
mexican cantina, that makes marvelous enchiladas, fajitas, tamales,
taquitoes, tacos, and other stuff I didn't recognize but was quite
tasty.   :)

This brings home very clearly to me, that no matter how *I* feel about
the war, or the current administration, that these kids -- many of
them -- made the decision to defend their country after 9-11, and they
do their jobs with a sense of pride and honor, doing what they feel is
right.  And I am proud of them for giving of themselves so unselfishly

Be well,
Anne

--
~  Not all who wander are lost .... ~

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt
of in your philosophy."

--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)