[Sca-cooks] Documentation Help

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Mar 4 15:02:22 PST 2005

Phlip wrote:

> Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>
> > Liber cure cocorum (ca. 1430) is a cookbook that is
> > entirely in verse.  I doubt if it was meant to make
> > it easier to remember, but you never  know.
> >
> > Thomas Gloning has the text available on the web at
> > the following URL:
> > http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/lcc3.htm
> >
> > - Doc
>
> I think she might be referring to the tendency of some
> recipes to use prayers for timing different processes.

Then again, maybe they were praying for the food to
turn out OK ... or the guests to appreciate it ...

> I know we've discussed them, but I can't think of any
> specific ones off hand. Adamantius? I think you were
> in that discussion.

... a discussion about which prayer was more effective?

> Saint Phlip,

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

Visit my online gallery: Renderosity, a 3D Artist's Community
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.

"Thou plenty hast, yet me dost scant"
--John Dowland (1562-1626); "The First Booke of Songs"; 1597.