[Sca-cooks] Homecomings Present and Past, a Personal View

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 04:57:43 PST 2005

Marcha wrote:

>People are shocked when they learn how I not only have to send my son
>deodorant, shaving cream, etc. but also food!   To tell the truth, I am
>afraid to complain too very loudly for fear it could reflect on my son. Such
>are the times we live in.....I just thank God that your son is home safe and
>live for the day when my and his unit are also home.     Bertha

I still think you should let folks know what's going on.  When we hear
of things like this, people like me must talk in generalities, which
permits those in charge to tell us that it's just rumor and inuendo.  We
have to stop this travesty NOW.  I understand your fear...it's the
"stock in trade" of people like this.  So get people to write and tell
your story without revealing names, etc.  I have to believe that if
enough noise is made about this, something will have to be done.  I know
we've always sent "care" packages to friends and relatives overseas in
the armed services...heck, I remember packing up a box of catalogues to
send to a dear friend who led the assault in Desert Storm!  (He LOVED
reading catalogues...go figure!)  But I've never known anything quite
like this.

If you will send me the address, etc., of your son, I would be honored
to send him a package.  Just let me know what kind of things he'd
like...I can send 'most anything (within cost reason, of course).

Kiri