[Sca-cooks] wine vinegar

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Mar 9 10:36:43 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> The trouble with using wine vinegar from the grocery store is that it's
got stuff added to make it taste bad.  Read the label to see what they've
done to it.

> As far as I'm concerned, you'd be much better off to open a bottle of
cheap wine and let it go sour.

> Cordelia Toser

That's true of cooking wine, but I've never known it to be true of wine
vinegar. Agreed, I'd rather make my own wine vinegar, but I'd tend to want
to be choosy about the "cheap" wine (Mad Dog, anyone?) and use a vinegar
mother, rather than any old critters that happen to be floating around my
kitchen.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.