[Sca-cooks] Re: Flaming Subtleties (was Piecrust revisited, was, Books for Cooks)

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 13:41:05 PST 2005

Apologies for my ignorance/innocence.  I am more than a bit new at this.  We had flaming subtleties in period?  I may be mistaken so please somebody correct me.   Desserts didn't flame (too late), but subtleties did?

Thanks,
Samrah

Also sprach Adamantius:

[much snippage]

BTW: the mistake in the translated recipe, as far as I know, is in
their translation of "eau/ew ardent" as "Hot water". Eau ardent is
brandy, I believe. This is probably a flaming subtlety... [Phlip, are
you getting all this?]