[Sca-cooks] Interesting food article by Charles Perry published in Wednesday's LA Times

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 11 08:30:16 PST 2005

> Also sprach Huette von Ahrens (quoting Charles Perry):
>
>> In particular, Martino apparently invented
>> battuto, the mixture of onions, carrots and
>> celery fried together that is the foundation of
>> so many Italian dishes.
>

> Does anyone have a copy of Martino handy to expand on this reference?
>
> Adamantius

No but I have just ordered it.

Charles Perry regularly attends the meetings of the Culinary Historians
of Southern California, even when he isn't the main speaker.  Should we
try to ask him nosy questions sometime on behalf of this list?  I am
missing the March meeting due to a date change but maybe another month.

Selene