[Sca-cooks] OT mail question

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sat Mar 12 12:38:03 PST 2005

James Prescott wrote:

> At 03:54 -0500 2005-03-12, Martin G. Diehl wrote:
>
> >  BTW, did they have SPAM -- unwanted messages -- in period?
>
> In one sense, yes.  Vendors wandered the streets and
> markets, and many constantly called their wares in a
> variety of ways, musical and not, poetic and not.

> Spam if you like, omni-present advertising if you prefer.

So they also had their share.

> Some were even set to music by fascinated composers
> (check out "Street Cries of London" by Ravenscroft & Cobb).

Well ... ya made me look ... and see what I found ...

Geometry.Net  - Composers - Ravenscroft Thomas (89 citations)
http://www4.geometry.net/composers/ravenscroft_thomas.html

This is the page with the title you mentioned ...
http://www4.geometry.net/composers/ravenscroft_thomas_page_no_4.html

Geometry.Net  - Composers: INDEX - (428 SUBJECTS)
http://www4.geometry.net/composers/index.html

Oddly enough, Hildegard is listed twice among the top 50
composers ... as both "Hildegard Von Bingen" and
"Hildegard of Bingen".

Geometry.Net  Index
(Math, Science, Artists, Authors, Composers, Philosophers);
http://www.geometry.net/index.html

Thanks for getting me to turn some stones over.

[snip]

> Thorvald

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

Visit my online gallery: Renderosity, a 3D Artist's Community
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.

"Thou plenty hast, yet me dost scant"
--John Dowland (1562-1626); "The First Booke of Songs"; 1597.

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
--inspired by P. K. Dick

You are encouraged to submit replies for my consideration and
review.  Rewards are not guaranteed as my review criteria are
an unpublished trade secret.  Adoption of your suggestions is
at my sole discretion.  Incoming flames are subjected to peer
review, literary criticism, deep analysis; consumed for fuel.