[Sca-cooks] Re:street cries

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 04:53:42 PST 2005

--- Devra at aol.com wrote:
>         Outside my window in Brooklyn, when I
> was a child, we'd hear the cry
> 'Buy old clothes! Buy old clothes!" Dunno what
> they would do with them, since
> even then the papermakers were using wood pulp
> and acid...
>      Devra

Even back then [some 20 years ago?], rag paper
was considered the best kind of paper.  It was
[and still is] used for fine quality books, art
paper, wedding invitations, stationary, etc.
100% rag paper is just that.  Pulp paper is
considered to be very inferior to rag paper.

Huette

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.