[Sca-cooks] Re: Flaming Subtleties (was Piecrust revisited, was, Books for Cooks)

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Mon Mar 14 07:30:53 PST 2005

Greetings,
I think the biggest argument against flaming/Flambe being used
commonly in period was the extreme fear of fire. A random spark
could decimate a village or a tower/castle. I would think that
flaming/flambe would definitely be the exception vs the rule for
that reason alone.

Just my two cents,
Ysabeau