[Sca-cooks] distilling wine

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Mon Mar 14 16:48:21 PST 2005

Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> >> Even though L. Sprague deCamp's "Lest Darkness Fall"
> >> had a solution to that question, we don't allow that
> >> written work to be counted as 'documentation'.
> >
> > Thank you. I hadn't heard of this book before. It sounds
> > interesting but unless I find other books on Amazon or
> > one of their affiliates I could spend more for shipping
> > that the book. So, I'll have to put it on my list to
> > look for at my local used book stores.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> Whilst quite entertaining and one of my collection, keep
> in mind that this is a work of Science Fiction and not
> suitable for SCA research.

Yes, and that is exactly why I said " ... we don't allow
that written work to be counted as 'documentation'"

> Mind you, I think that Sprague was a creative anachronist,
> even if not a member of our particular Society.  No longer
> with us, alas;  partying at the Heavenly Revel with
> Sir Bela and the gang, surely.

A beautiful thought, thank you.

> Selene, veteran of SF Fandom since 1972

Vincenzo -- although not active in SF fandom, but as an
avid reader of SF and Fantasy since ... errrrrrmm ...
's funny, I don't remember when.  <g>

--
Martin G. Diehl

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.

"Thou plenty hast, yet me dost scant"
--John Dowland (1562-1626); "The First Booke of Songs"; 1597.

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
--inspired by P. K. Dick

Visit my online gallery: Renderosity, a 3D Artist's Community
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD