[Sca-cooks] OT: Urtatim, was Cinnamon question

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 19 08:30:35 PST 2005

>Is there a meaning to this name?  Like "desert
>flower"?  And may I call you 'Tim for short?
>Because 'Tati reminds me of potatoes, which
>you are not, and Urta sounds like a tent.
>
>Huette
>[You can call me Hu' and you can call me 'Etta,
>but you just can't call me "Slim".]

While i know the meaning of Arabic names (or at least how to find the
meanings), i do not know the meanings of the Berber/Amazight names.

I don't know how Berbers/Tamazight develop nicknames or if they even
have them. Ooh, something else to research...

Call me whatever you like...

call me a taxi...

just don't call late for dinner...

--