[Sca-cooks] Sugar beets

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 11:22:25 PST 2005

I also do this...I often use sugar to cut the acidic edge of things...like in a tomato sauce.  It brings up the flavors of the other ingredients while softening that very strong acidic taste.  So far as salt is concerned, I've been known to use it to bring up sweetness...some people sweeten grapefruit, for example, with sugar...I was taught to use salt!

Kiri