[Sca-cooks] New Cooking Job!

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 22 09:12:02 PST 2005

1.  Wildly jealous!
2.  You Know You're In The SCA When... you see "Viking Culinary Arts
Center" and think Scandinavian early period... hehehe!

Go you!
Selene

You know, that has crossed my mind more than once, I'm waiting to see if
anything with a corporate logo has any vikings on them.  The interesting
thing is that corporate headquarters are in Mississippi, he said everyone
thinks they are on the East Coast somewhere.
And speaking of the corporate connection, every cooking class comes directly
from corporate, everything all worked out including teacher's notes.  This
has good and bad potential, good because the work is done, bad because it's
someone else's work.  However, they publish a calendar of classes that goes
out to all the stores (12 around the country including 3 in CA), so I
suppose they really do need to be standardized.  I'm sure there will be
downsides, working for a big company always does.  But, I imagine that there
will be plenty of space for personal input, so I'm not too worried.
Besides, I've worked for plenty of restaurants that had recipes all worked
out and expected you to do them the way they had them perfected, so it won't
be any different there.
Christianna