[Sca-cooks] Poured sugar

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Mar 23 10:19:56 PST 2005

I am behind in reading the mail.
Need I say it--- try this file for a lot of comments about molds--
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/molded-foods-msg.text

If you are buying molds, be sure to purchase only hard candy molds.
Other molds can fail; hot syrup can produce very bad burns.

Perhaps you didn't know that we have a Yahoo group dedicated to
sugar stuff --
SCA_Subtleties · SCA Subtleties & Confections
 My article on the cast sugar dragons is up in the folders on the
See the file Trionfi which goes into sugar sculptures in Renaissance Italy.

Hope this helps,

Johnnae llyn Lewis