[Sca-cooks] A New Baby Bird in Atlantia

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 08:29:12 PST 2005

Hmm..didn't think to take pictures of the lunch.  Took several of well
deserved awards of all kinds were being given out.  I'll try to get one or
two on the web sometime maybe this week unless someone else beats me to it.
Let's see, it seemed like a rather lite "light lunch" by our standards.
There were only a couple 'hunks-o-meat', lots of small finger nibbles, there
were breads and cheeses, someone brought a beautifully designed cheese bread
with whole boiled eggs baked right in, there was a tiered platter
arrangement with fruits and veggies, chocolate covered strawberries, shrimp
trays, sausage, an elk stew, a chicken dish that Chirhart made, wasabi peas,
candies ginger (mine and someone brought storebought), hmm....lot's of
stuff, yet it only took up two tables instead of three.  But let's see,
there was that other small folding table, so I guess it was three tables.
Oddly, they only gave us one six foot table to begin with.  It was soon
evident that we needed more space so the heralds opted to move down a table
to let us have another table.

Vivat Chirhart!  Well deserved!

On another note, Michael von Schonsee and his lady Taira no Akiyo, of this
list, each recieved the Coral Branch, a Kingdom level non-polling award for
arts and sciences (used to be called Bright Leaf).  His for brewing (he's
the Kingdom Brewer) and her's for weaving and needle work.

Vivat to Michael and Akiyo!

Olwen