[Sca-cooks] Seeking Cookie recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 29 21:41:15 PST 2005

Ardenia asked:
> Anyone have a good periodish saugar cookie-type recipe ...better
> yet...any ideas on a Persian cookie?
A "Persian cookie"is a long haired cookie? :-)

I'm afraid I don't remember what is in here, but most of the period,
and SCA, recipes I see which appear to be "cookies" or "cookie-like",
get put in this Florilegium file:
cookies-msg      (105K)  6/20/04    Period cookies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/cookies-msg.html
Perhaps these others might suit your purposes as well?
Digby-Cakes-art   (12K)  6/30/01    "Excellent Small Cakes Revisited"
                                        by Tirloch of Tallaght.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Digby-Cakes-art.html
shortbread-msg    (33K)  3/29/05    Period shortbread. Recipes and
directions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/shortbread-msg.html

Stefan
--------