[Sca-cooks] Cooking for Viking

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue May 10 19:53:05 PDT 2005

No, not the Norse types, but for Viking Range Corp.  I started my new job
tonight, as a culinary insructor for the Viking Culinary Arts Center.  It
took them from mid-March until now to get me through the paperwork and all,
but I did a stint as a Class Manager tonight (assistant to the chef teaching
the class) and helped teach 15 people the Essentials class on souffles.  It
was fun, although I am one pooped puppy, since my day started at 6AM with a
class for my high school culinary students, then grocery shopping, 2 Mad
Science classes for elementary types, and then a four and a half hour stint
at Viking.  Up at 6AM in the morning for another class with the High
Schoolers, and I told them I'd be available via email tonight until
midnight.  Whew!
I'm a bit scared that I won't know what I'm doing in some of the classes I'm
teaching, although they come with full recipe sets and teacher's notes.  One
of my first solo classes is on Tamales, not something I know a whole lot
about.  But, they recognize the fact that there is a learning curve, so I'll
give it my best shot and I'm sure it will work out fine.
Keep your fingers crossed that I don't embarass myself!
Christianna