[Sca-cooks] Burdock root (was FW: [mellowbellies] For the disappointed)

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 14:52:09 PDT 2005

Ok.  I've been staying out of this thread, but I'll give, what does one do in the kitchen with burdock root?  Herbally, I know it is really good for filtering out bad stuff (like prescription drugs you are allergic to*), but it is really bitter and how you actually eat the stuff is beyond me.  It was evil enough in tea with lots of sugar to get rid of jaundice....

Samrah
*usual herbal disclaimer: not intended to diagnose or prescribe, discuss with your healthcare professional before using, etc.

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

Christianna forwarded a message from her organic produce group:

[severaly snipped]
 But burdock root and eggplant