[Sca-cooks] Burdock root

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun May 22 09:51:15 PDT 2005

Well, the only way I've ever had it was on a pickle plate at a sushi
restaruant.  It wasn't bitter, so perhaps the cooking process takes that
away.
Christianna

Ok.  I've been staying out of this thread, but I'll give, what does one do
in the kitchen with burdock root?  Herbally, I know it is really good for
filtering out bad stuff (like prescription drugs you are allergic to*), but
it is really bitter and how you actually eat the stuff is beyond me.  It was
evil enough in tea with lots of sugar to get rid of jaundice....

Samrah
*usual herbal disclaimer: not intended to diagnose or prescribe, discuss
with your healthcare professional before using, etc.