[Sca-cooks] UPdate & a question on pine nuts

Susan Laing paxford at dodo.com.au
Sat May 21 17:09:50 PDT 2005

Hi All,

Sorry for the silence, I’ve been lurking about on the list whilst I’ve been
trying to get my life sorted out (included in the “sorting” is adapting to
having my boyfriend move up & in; and being both event steward & Head cook
for a SCA feast that’s on next week)

Just to let you all know Drakey (of the “Opps”) fame was created a landed
baron last night.  Have not heard yet if any actual “Drakeys” occurred
during the ceremonies but no doubt he’ll tell us himself if there were.

And secondly – I’m trying to put together one extra dish soley for the
Vegetarians attending the feast next week (to be served to them whilst
everyone else is getting the meat course).  I’ve found various “Vegetable
Pie” recipes but a number call for the inclusion of “Pine Nuts”.  Would it
be foolish of me to include the nuts and just assume that any of the
vegetarians that might also have a nut allergy would be bright enough to
tell me first?

Mari